Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Luis Strauch
Hi,

Just installed Oscar (Ontario) version 15.62~637 and after billing patients the calendar screen shows black patient information (see attachment).   The non-billed calendar patients still show.

I've reverted back to the previous version we were using and everything seems to be alright.

Thanks,
Luis Strauch

Oscar_BillingError-V15.62~637.jpg (120K) Download Attachment

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
I can confirm its
*not* an issue with version 15.62~636
with my production data

haven't gotten around to testing 637 on production

================
Peter Hutten-Czapski
Haileybury Ontario

"The attitude that ‘if rural people want these services they’ll have to come to the city to get them’ is simply not acceptable…” (Newbery, 1999)

Before printing, think about the environment. Avant d' imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.

Darwin Tsai
I did run into the same problem on my test server with V15.62-637, i.e. the whole schedule line turned black after billing.

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
src/main/java/oscar/appt/ApptStatusData.java
was changed in 637 so its probably best to stick with 636

I have taken 637 off sourceforge

================

On 20 June 2017 at 18:27, Darwin Tsai <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did run into the same problem on my test server with V15.62-637, i.e. the
whole schedule line turned black after billing.

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
I cannot reproduce the bug/error so cannot file a bug
It would be helpful if we could reproduce it so that it can be filed and fixed

================

On 20 June 2017 at 19:11, Peter Hutten-Czapski <[hidden email]> wrote:
src/main/java/oscar/appt/ApptStatusData.java
was changed in 637 so its probably best to stick with 636

I have taken 637 off sourceforge

================
Peter Hutten-Czapski
Haileybury Ontario

"The attitude that ‘if rural people want these services they’ll have to come to the city to get them’ is simply not acceptable…” (Newbery, 1999)

Before printing, think about the environment. Avant d' imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.

On 20 June 2017 at 18:27, Darwin Tsai <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did run into the same problem on my test server with V15.62-637, i.e. the
whole schedule line turned black after billing.

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Darwin Tsai
The problem show up on my test server running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and MariaDB.

After switching back to V15.62~636, the problem goes away.

The schedule entry turned black but all the entry info is there like E2|E|In...... but because it is
black, you can't really see it.

If you like, email me at tsai@cheerful.com and I will set you up to access my test server to debug the problem.

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Marc Dumontier
We did a small fix regarding the last item in the appt status

Are you using custom statuses ?

Darwin Tsai
No, zero customization on the test server.

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Luis Strauch
Hi Darwin,

Thanks for verifying the problem, your description is identical to ours.  My server is the same, running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and MariaDB.

Since it has been determined that the Oscar EMR reference is Oracle Java and MySql, should we revert back to it to make sure problems like this don't happen?

Thank you,
Luis Strauch

The problem show up on my test server running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and MariaDB.

After switching back to V15.62~636, the problem goes away.

The schedule entry turned black but all the entry info is there like
E2|E|In...... but because it is
black, you can't really see it.

If you like, email me at [hidden email] and I will set you up to access
my test server to debug the problem.

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Darwin Tsai
Hi Luis,

For my production server at the office, we are still running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Oracle Java and MySql.

By staying on the standard platform, there is less chance of bugs and bugs not being fixed quickly.

I think there may be less incentive to fix bugs that only show up on non standard platform.

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Luiz Rufato
Surely they will review that point in next months / year. Debian already
dropped MySQL from stable and testing repositories for MariaDB. Ubuntu
is likely to follow soon.

OpenJDK is a fair replacement for Oracle Java and seems to be faster too.

Luiz.

Em 21-06-2017 16:56, Darwin Tsai escreveu:

> Hi Luis,
>
> For my production server at the office, we are still running Ubuntu 14.04
> LTS, Oracle Java and MySql.
>
> By staying on the standard platform, there is less chance of bugs and bugs
> not being fixed quickly.
>
> I think there may be less incentive to fix bugs that only show up on non
> standard platform.

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Luis Strauch
Hi Darwin,

I agree with you, I usually stay with standards in which the application was developed for.  However, Ubuntu 14.04 is no longer a supported OS and recent security issues have hit a number of Linux servers and wanted to bring our server to current supported OS Ubuntu 16.04.

I'm not sure what infrastructure should be since the announcement of Oscar EMR standard platform will continue to be Java Oracle and MySQL, but it doesn't address issues with Tomcat version and if we can use Ubuntu 16.04.

Thank you,
Luis Strauch

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Darwin Tsai
Hi Luis,

You need to be on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and not just 14.04.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is supported till 4/2019.

Tomcat7 is part of the standard reference for Oscar V15.

Peter HC had updated what the standard platform should be:
http://oscarmanual.org/15/developers/installation/reference

Re: Billing problem using version V15.62~637

Peter Hutten-Czapski
This occurs if you are using custom statuses or not in 637+
I have the debs but have not posted them for this issue