NOTICE: Oracle Java and MySQL as reference environment for OSCAR_EMR

NOTICE: Oracle Java and MySQL as reference environment for OSCAR_EMR

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
The Technical Management Committee has discussed what stack we should be promoting for installation of OSCAR_EMR. After much deliberation we have reaffirmed that Java Oracle and MySQL will continue to be our Reference environment until there is a business reason why they should not be

We continue to support with the DEB and instructions other stacks (Open JDK and MariaDB in specific), and they will be stable but development and QA will continue with the reference environments

Oscarmanual.org has been updated to clearly reflect the suggested REFERENCE and more Experimental/less tested environments

Peter Hutten-Czapski
Haileybury Ontario

"The attitude that ‘if rural people want these services they’ll have to come to the city to get them’ is simply not acceptable…” (Newbery, 1999)

Before printing, think about the environment. Avant d' imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.