OLIS question

maveric
I have contacted OntarioMD and they have told me that I cannot connect to OLIS because I am not with a provider.  Has anyone else experienced this and know what I need to do?

Re: OLIS question

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
In Ontario Any of OLIS and HRM and any applicable subsidy under OntarioMD and the new (proprietary) drug drug interactions schema
requires that you are running certified OSCAR

That you can have an OSP handle for you.
Alternately you can apply to be an OSP ($$$) yourself
Or for less money, but no ability to support more than your own instance, you can apply to be an self supporting service provider OSSP

That route will require regular audit to ensure that you are running certified code (that is if you are either running stock or doing customization that you are submitting them back to OSCAR-EMR for the community) and in approved safe environments.

The audits (which you pay for) take a few hours but can be done over the phone with teamviewer

================
Peter Hutten-Czapski
Haileybury Ontario

"The attitude that ‘if rural people want these services they’ll have to come to the city to get them’ is simply not acceptable…” (Newbery, 1999)

Before printing, think about the environment. Avant d' imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.

On 13 September 2016 at 12:49, maveric <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have contacted OntarioMD and they have told me that I cannot connect to
OLIS because I am not with a provider.  Has anyone else experienced this and
know what I need to do?

Re: OLIS question

maveric
I contacted Oscar EMR as OntarioMD told me to.  What do you recommend?  I have an unmodifed Oscar running and like that I maintain it but feel like not having access to OLIS is difficult.  I don't want to subscribe to an OSP for one feature.

Re: OLIS question

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
Well there are options

1) Do nothing.  If not entirely free (gratis vs libre) its cheap and easy, but you will then have the labs as an issue.  You might be able to source much of the labs directly from the labs that service your patients.

2) Get an OSP.  It is easy and OLIS and the rest are covered

3) Apply to become an oscar self servicing provider. Its so much a month for membership and access to the proprietary interactions schema, then so much for the audits.

Don't forget to factor in your opportunity costs in doing the audit and paperwork if you are using money as a reason to avoid an OSP.  The paperwork is a few hours annually, a policy or two for disaster planning and the like, and there is more time at the audit to demonstrate that your installation is safe and secure.  Much of it is pro forma, however between disaster planning and the programmer that you will review your install, you will inevitably pick up something that you can do a bit better with.

4) Apply to be an OSP.  I mention it for completeness only, its not practical for that vast majority of physicians unless your name is Sandeep.  Much more money and paperwork and the organisation to be able to support other clients.  Be that said it does scale and white there are more audits, the amount of audits per installation is proportionately less (the reasonable assumption is that any issues the OSP will resolve for all clients)

================

On 13 September 2016 at 19:01, maveric <[hidden email]> wrote:
I contacted Oscar EMR as OntarioMD told me to.  What do you recommend?  I
have an unmodifed Oscar running and like that I maintain it but feel like
not having access to OLIS is difficult.  I don't want to subscribe to an OSP
for one feature.

Re: OLIS question

maveric
This post was updated on .
Bringing up this previous post:

I am in the process of completing paperwork to be a Peer Leader and after talking with OntarioMD staff, he mentioned that they will look into approving me as an OSSP.  He stated that there is a McMaster List that they cross-reference to verify that I am on.  Could anyone shine a light about this list?  He said it was fairly easy to add your name to.

Regards,

Braedon

Re: OLIS question

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
For Ontario OSSP's are OSP's lite
and are a cheaper formal relationship to OSCAR-EMR (and related services such as HRM OLIS the interactions database)
but are only able to administer their own server
they get audited less and more depending on your point of view.
They are audited for installation and server best practices
(The big guys get a number of servers audited and not just one, but not all)

On 11 June 2017 at 10:29, maveric <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bringing up this previous post:

I am in the process of completing paperwork to be a Peer Leader and after
talking with OntarioMD staff, he mentioned that they will look into
approving me as an OSSP.  He stated that there is a McMaster List of that