OSCAR 15 .... losing chart notes

Patti Rodger Kirkpatrick
Does OSCAR 15 not autosave?

I've had numerous complaints that physicians have been entering notes in the e-chart, and for no apparent reason... screen refresh .... move to post an allergy in the allergy module, look at the last lab report, and the chart notes disappear.  All report they didn't press SAVE prior to going to the "other module".  Is opening the "pop-up" clearing their notes for some reason?

Anyone else notice this?  It's such a terribly hard "bug" to track if it is a bug.

I've got some pretty PO'd physicians and anyone that can give me some input...I'd be very grateful.

Patti

Re: OSCAR 15 .... losing chart notes

Eugene Robertus
Yes, this has happened for me and some colleagues too, very randomly.  We
tried to look into temp save table but it was empty and log table always
held very old copy, so no much help.  We were not able to reliably reproduce
the issue at will.

It seems the issue is with autosave, so for now, the solution is to save
frequently.

--
Sent from: http://oscarmcmaster.16.x6.nabble.com/oscarmcmaster-devel-f3244825.html

Re: OSCAR 15 .... losing chart notes

Colcamex Resources Inc.
Shut off the auto save.  It does not work well (as you discovered) and tends to pepper the database with unsigned note fragments.

In Oscar properties.

## ENCOUNTER NOTE AUTO SAVE SETTINGS
## -1 : disable ECT auto save timer
## 1 : enable ECT auto save timer
#ECT_AUTOSAVE_TIMER=-1

Dennis Warren, Manager
Colcamex Resources Inc.
[hidden email] | colcamex.com | 778.386.9264

On Jan 5, 2018, at 6:36 PM, Eugene Robertus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, this has happened for me and some colleagues too, very randomly.  We
tried to look into temp save table but it was empty and log table always
held very old copy, so no much help.  We were not able to reliably reproduce
the issue at will.

It seems the issue is with autosave, so for now, the solution is to save
frequently.

--
Sent from: http://oscarmcmaster.16.x6.nabble.com/oscarmcmaster-devel-f3244825.html

Re: OSCAR 15 .... losing chart notes

Marc Dumontier
Hi Guys,

I think there's a bit of confusion on this feature, and it's possible there is a bug or some behaviour of the feature that's not well understood.

The first thing is that the ECT_AUTOSAVE_TIMER is from the old encounter interface from what I can tell. It would have no affect on the eChart.
src/main/webapp/oscarEncounter/Index.jsp is the only place that the variable is used in order to create a JS timers on the AutoSaveEncounter() function in that same file which in turn calls SaveEncounter.do

The 'other' auto-save feature which is for the current eChart will look at your current note every 5s, and save it to casemgmt_tmpsave; Once you actually save your note, then it deletes the entry in casemgmt_tmpsave. When you re-open the chart, if you have a draft started with a patient then it will fill your currently unsaved note with that information.

I did a few tests on the temp save function, and it appeared to be working as expected. I noticed in the code that drafts won't be saved if someone else has obtained the exclusive lock on the note. When a tmpsave is done, it posts Draft saved ... with a date under where you write your note, so that should help to see that it's working correctly.

Marc

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Colcamex Resources Inc. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Shut off the auto save.  It does not work well (as you discovered) and tends to pepper the database with unsigned note fragments.

In Oscar properties.

## ENCOUNTER NOTE AUTO SAVE SETTINGS
## -1 : disable ECT auto save timer
## 1 : enable ECT auto save timer
#ECT_AUTOSAVE_TIMER=-1

Dennis Warren, Manager
Colcamex Resources Inc.
[hidden email] | colcamex.com | <a href="tel:(778)%20386-9264" value="+17783869264" target="_blank">778.386.9264

On Jan 5, 2018, at 6:36 PM, Eugene Robertus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, this has happened for me and some colleagues too, very randomly.  We
tried to look into temp save table but it was empty and log table always
held very old copy, so no much help.  We were not able to reliably reproduce
the issue at will.

It seems the issue is with autosave, so for now, the solution is to save
frequently.

--
Sent from: http://oscarmcmaster.16.x6.nabble.com/oscarmcmaster-devel-f3244825.html

Re: OSCAR 15 .... losing chart notes

Colcamex Resources Inc.
Could it be possible that clinicians are pressing f5 (refresh) while they are in the encounter interface or during writing a note?  Would creating a new eForm while in the middle of creating a note cause problems?

Dennis Warren, Consultant
Colcamex Resources Inc.
+1 778 386 9264 | www.colcamex.com

On Jan 15, 2018, at 12:14 PM, Marc Dumontier <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Both cases don't affect my draft note

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Colcamex Resources Inc. <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://www.hxb.ca
http://www.oscarmcmaster.org

Re: OSCAR 15 .... losing chart notes

Nikolas Dafopoulos (MedBASE)

What Oscar build are your using.

There was a fix for this around build 605    OSCAREMR-6138

The release not says the problem was in the new UI, but we had it in both.

Nikolas

Re: OSCAR 15 .... losing chart notes

Marc Dumontier
I used the latest stable...but there hasn't been any recent changes to the eChart that would affect this behavior from what I saw.

I didn't test the angular/bootstrap UI, just the classic eChart