Oracle Java 6 and 7 from webupd8 will no longer install.

Oracle Java 6 and 7 from webupd8 will no longer install.

Luiz Rufato
Time to move to OpenJDK?

Details:

http://www.webupd8.org/2017/06/why-oracle-java-7-and-6-installers-no.html

Luiz.

Re: Oracle Java 6 and 7 from webupd8 will no longer install.

Marc Dumontier
Really, you just need to download it , then untar it, and have your JAVA_HOME point to it. It's so easy to do without packages.

I usually have something like

/opt/jdk1.8.x

and a symlink to it from /opt/java

when when a new update comes out, I can just untar jdk in a new directly like /opt/jdk/1.8.x2 and just update the symlink to point to it..restart tomcat, and done.

If you need to deploy to many clinics, you can run the whole thing as a remote ssh command without ever logging in.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Luiz Rufato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Time to move to OpenJDK?

Details:

http://www.webupd8.org/2017/06/why-oracle-java-7-and-6-installers-no.html

Luiz.

Re: Oracle Java 6 and 7 from webupd8 will no longer install.

Luiz Rufato

Agree

But for me, its another small thing to do occasionally.

This is another reason:

"Updates for Java SE 7 released after April 2015, and updates for Java SE 6 released after April 2013 are only available to Oracle Customers through My Oracle Support (requires support login).

Java SE Advanced offers users commercial features, access to critical bug fixes, security fixes, and general maintenance".

I really like the package manager doing that for me. Im testing Debian OpenJDK for almost 3 weeks without a single issue so far. If it keeps like this, I will setup my Debian 9 server to run with OpenJDK only.

Em 02-06-2017 11:50, Marc Dumontier escreveu:
Really, you just need to download it , then untar it, and have your JAVA_HOME point to it. It's so easy to do without packages.

I usually have something like

/opt/jdk1.8.x

and a symlink to it from /opt/java

when when a new update comes out, I can just untar jdk in a new directly like /opt/jdk/1.8.x2 and just update the symlink to point to it..restart tomcat, and done.

If you need to deploy to many clinics, you can run the whole thing as a remote ssh command without ever logging in.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Luiz Rufato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Time to move to OpenJDK?

Details:

http://www.webupd8.org/2017/06/why-oracle-java-7-and-6-installers-no.html

Luiz.

Marc Dumontier
519-584-5601
http://www.hxb.ca
http://www.oscarmcmaster.org

Re: Oracle Java 6 and 7 from webupd8 will no longer install.

Marc Dumontier
Luiz,

Are you using it with any integrations to eHealth HIAL (BORN), OLIS, HRM, MCEDT??

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Luiz Rufato <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Just a plain simple default OSCAR install and a tomcat setting modification to use Lets Encrypt certificates.

Em 02-06-2017 11:59, Marc Dumontier escreveu:
[...]

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28519%29%20584-5601" value="+15195845601" target="_blank">519-584-5601
http://www.hxb.ca
http://www.oscarmcmaster.org

Marc Dumontier 519-584-5601
http://www.hxb.ca