Oscar Database Schema

Habs
We are currently looking into integrating OSCAR with our PACS system through an HL7 interface. We are having a difficult time finding documentation on OSCAR's current database schema and establishing what tables need to be updated when transferring patient, appointment, billing, and reporting data back and forth in the systems. Is there a place we can download detailed documentation on the DB schema and the HL7 conformance standards for OSCAR?

Has anyone ever done this kind of integration successfully and would be willing to work with us?

Re: Oscar Database Schema

Colcamex Resources Inc.
There is no downloadable schema diagrams per-se.

Oscar 12 is on the horizon, with Oscar 15 taking it’s place.  The only way you can access Oscar’s database is through Oscar 15’s new RESTFUL interface.  This way there is no need for full database schema diagrams.

Dennis Warren
Consultant
Colcamex Resources
[hidden email]
778.386.9264

On Jul 24, 2017, at 11:41 AM, Habs <[hidden email]> wrote:

We are currently looking into integrating OSCAR with our PACS system through
an HL7 interface. We are having a difficult time finding documentation on
OSCAR's current database schema and establishing what tables need to be
updated when transferring patient, appointment, billing, and reporting data
back and forth in the systems. Is there a place we can download detailed
documentation on the DB schema and the HL7 conformance standards for OSCAR?

Has anyone ever done this kind of integration successfully and would be
willing to work with us?

Re: Oscar Database Schema

Earl Wertheimer
As Dennis said, there is no downloadable schema.
I would install Oscar and then look at the tables.
They are _mostly_ self-explanatory.

I can help, since I have extensive knowledge of the database, but all my work is done by directly connecting to the database, with scripts and stored procedures.

I do not use the Web Services or REST (yet).

There are online docs at:

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Habs <[hidden email]> wrote:
We are currently looking into integrating OSCAR with our PACS system through
an HL7 interface. We are having a difficult time finding documentation on
OSCAR's current database schema and establishing what tables need to be
updated when transferring patient, appointment, billing, and reporting data
back and forth in the systems. Is there a place we can download detailed
documentation on the DB schema and the HL7 conformance standards for OSCAR?

Has anyone ever done this kind of integration successfully and would be
willing to work with us?

Re: Oscar Database Schema

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
The direct database connection certainly works, but is a bit of a hack, and do you really want your data to be accessible from the WAN?

Furthermore as the structure changes, and OSCAR is fairly liberal with database changes, your approach will break (and your PACS may not necessarily be the only connection in play).

In contrast the web services have a secure defined interface, log access, and have defined payload that is independent of the backend.

and you pick your poison on how you code your end of the call.

Peter Hutten-Czapski
Haileybury Ontario

"The attitude that ‘if rural people want these services they’ll have to come to the city to get them’ is simply not acceptable…” (Newbery, 1999)

Before printing, think about the environment. Avant d' imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.