Suggestion

Luiz Rufato
Since we cant blindly trust Oracle (Java and MySQL), I think we should
start gradually move to a more reliable technology base as default, like
MariaDB and OpenDK.

Me and Peter are already trying this on future .deb versions.

Any suggestions?

Re: Suggestion

Marc Dumontier
I think some documented testing would need to occur for the integrations that use SSL / certs. If there's no problem there, then it's worth considering at that point.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Luiz Rufato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since we cant blindly trust Oracle (Java and MySQL), I think we should start gradually move to a more reliable technology base as default, like MariaDB and OpenDK.

Me and Peter are already trying this on future .deb versions.

Any suggestions?

Re: Suggestion

Luiz Rufato

I could share my scripts for upgrade / convert cettificates and integrate it on OSCAR, if needed.

Em 02-06-2017 12:06, Marc Dumontier escreveu:
I think some documented testing would need to occur for the integrations that use SSL / certs. If there's no problem there, then it's worth considering at that point.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Luiz Rufato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since we cant blindly trust Oracle (Java and MySQL), I think we should start gradually move to a more reliable technology base as default, like MariaDB and OpenDK.

Me and Peter are already trying this on future .deb versions.

Any suggestions?

Marc Dumontier
519-584-5601
http://www.hxb.ca
http://www.oscarmcmaster.org

Re: Suggestion

Peter Hutten-Czapski-2
I don't think server certificate is the issue Luiz.

 Self book myoscar kindredphr olis HRM EDT whatever dashboard connects to and everything I have forgotten need to integrate into Oscar

I have tested self book and dashboard with open jdk and they do.  That's enough for me to prove that all of them should work, but we need a bit more before we can recommend openjdk for everyone's needs.

On Jun 2, 2017 12:30 PM, "Luiz Rufato" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I could share my scripts for upgrade / convert cettificates and integrate it on OSCAR, if needed.

Em 02-06-2017 12:06, Marc Dumontier escreveu:
I think some documented testing would need to occur for the integrations that use SSL / certs. If there's no problem there, then it's worth considering at that point.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Luiz Rufato <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since we cant blindly trust Oracle (Java and MySQL), I think we should start gradually move to a more reliable technology base as default, like MariaDB and OpenDK.

Me and Peter are already trying this on future .deb versions.

Any suggestions?

Marc Dumontier
http://www.hxb.ca
http://www.oscarmcmaster.org

Re: Suggestion

Luiz Rufato

Sure. Im at disposal if someone needs testing.

Em 02-06-2017 13:58, Peter Hutten-Czapski escreveu:
[...]

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28519%29%20584-5601" value="+15195845601" target="_blank">519-584-5601
http://www.hxb.ca
http://www.oscarmcmaster.org